Thursday, February 24, 2011

needed catching up

I stayed up until five in the morning. I heard my mom in the kitchen when I got out of the shower, so I went downstairs to give her some things I bought for her yesterday. I ended up sitting on the kitchen floor while she fixed her lunchbox, with the kitty on my lap purring, happy that she had someone to give her attention, someone free of chores. There was a lot of talking to do, for my mom and I hadn't seen each other for the past three days (she was gone when I got up and I was gone when she got home). I ate the food that didn't fit in the lunchbox for breakfast.

It's eight o'clock now and I'm wondering if I should go to sleep or just stay awake for the rest of the day (and if that's possible).

2 comments:

  1. Nice to catch up, isn't it? I do that with my mom every so often, many times just by phone but even nicer when we can be together. Also, it seems so Japanese to me to eat the excess lunch food for breakfast. I don't think that happens so often in the US, does it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, Kimi! Yeah, when I was living in the States, my mom and I would do weekly phone calls to catch up. Do you ever eat the excess lunch food for breakfast, too? :)

    ReplyDelete